Did you know you can buy items in our auction without being there in person… If you are unable to attend an auction, you can submit a ‘Book Bid’ where we will bid on your behalf during the auction, up to a maximum price you have pre-agreed with us.
We will always endeavour to buy the item for the lowest price we can, within your pre-set limit. After the auction we will contact you to let you know if the item was won.
Book bids are also commonly known as ‘Absentee Bids’ or ‘Commission Bids’.
• Tell us the maximum amount you would be willing pay for each item – we will bid UP TO this figure in the auction. Should the auctioneer start the bidding at a lower price, you may be successful winning the item below your Book Bid. Similar to eBay’s ‘Maximum Bid’, we’ll treat this strictly as your maximum bid and you’ll only ever pay the sale price as a result from the natural bidding during the auction.
• To submit a book bid, you can easily register online through our website and record your book bids direct from the auction catalogues – it’s the quickest and safest way to communicate to us your bids for an auction. Visit ‘My Bids’ or click ‘Login’ to get started!
• You can leave Book Bids in person if you visit the Sale Room before the auction, alternatively we request ALL book bids are placed using our website, rather than email or Facebook messages.
• Castle Auctions will endeavour to notify you on the same day as the auction, or the next working day, however you are advised to contact us to check the success of your bids.
• If you win any items in the auction, you have entered into a binding contract to purchase the items and are required to pay and collect the items on the same day, or within a maximum of 2 working days.
We accept absentee bids from registered customers and are happy to bid on your behalf in the auction up to a maximum figure you state.
To register with Castle Auctions and place an absentee / book bid, we require the following information;
>> Full Name
>> Home Address
>> Telephone numbers (home & mobile)
>> ID or Passport Number
We reserve the right to ask for proof of address or card details for certain Lots or higher value items.
Once registered, we require the following information to place the bid;
>> The Lot number and description
>> The Maximum you would bid, up to, in the auction (subject to the buyers premium)
>> Confirmation you have read and accept Castle Auctions terms and conditions
Successful bidders will be notified by SMS &/or email during or after the auction, usually on the same day, but maximum within 48 hours. You are welcome to call or email us anytime to check the status of an item or your bid.